My Photo
Name:
Location: France

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

On the fly roleplay

I did something a bit strange today. That is, stranger than roleplaying solo :P

I have this commute time in the morning (and evening, really) of about 40 minutes. I'll usually either vegetate when I'm too tired / still waking up or read some roleplay material on my Nintendo DS, or play a game on it, but it's become quite rare these days.

I have been eating tons of superhero rpg material lately and I guess it's slowly boring me now (the reading of rules and setting I mean! I want to play now!) And today I tried something new : using Mythic on the fly during the commute.

The only thing I need is a little imagination and a random d100 generator (since rolling dice while standing on a sidewalk is not practical). Solution? Reading numbers on car ID plates :D. And so this morning I was an elven ranger who got robbed by bandits and went to get his revenge in the nearby forest where they set camp. Worked like a charm!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Brilliant idea, using the ID plates on cars for random numbers! Reminds me of how I've sometimes used the numbers on UPC symbols (bar codes) as a random number source. ^_^

June 24, 2009 at 10:43 AM  
Blogger Moni said...

Quin : might do that the next time I'm at the supermarket....... Ok, just kidding :)

June 24, 2009 at 11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home