My Photo
Name:
Location: France

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Monkey memories


Of course, now that I have made this previous post, I find new things to mention. I don't know if it's better to edit or to create a new post. I suppose edits don't show up in aggregators, but tiny changes might warrant an edit.

So yeah, I don't know why but I keep thinking of Monkey Island as a "cartoony" series. And then I see the screenshot above and wonder... Is this what the art guys were picturing back then? Were the sprites made with realism in mind?

Also, Ron Gilbert talks about Monkey 1 : http://grumpygamer.com/8280380
I like how he goes over some choices that were valid back then and would make everyone cry nowadays.

Edit (nyargh!) : "P.S. I was always bothered by these close-ups. While they were great art, I never felt they matched the style of the rest of the game."

Now I know :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home